Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Door Alarms

Fredbear

Hi all hoping you can help me with this one.

We are in a rented Parish Hall with double fire doors 3 in all around the space.

Have just one child at the moment that likes to fiddle with the doors, normally the children don't go near them or remotely interested in them. So you see my concern as one is enough for me.

What i need is some type of moveable alarm [as in put out during the session and take off when we finish] type of thing. Do any of you great people know of or can suggest a product that we could use please.

You've probably seen the ones advertised on TV? a simple two piece alarm and scensor one piece sticks to the door and one piece on the door frame when the door is opened it triggers the alam we bought 4 in a pack about £9.99(If I remember correctly) from B&Q or Wilkos, Ive even seen them in the bettaware,

we are in a church hall and we use these door alarms as they could be stuck on the door with sticky pads no drilling or screwing I would imagine that they would hold implace with bluetac if you need to remove them every session but thats not ideal (its yet another thing youve got to remember to set up everytime).

we leave ours in place when we are not there, they can be switched off when we are not using them and are small and not very noticable so they church was ok about us putting them in place and leaving them up, I told the church it was because other people needing to use other parts of the building while we were using the hall we wanted to make sure no-one could let themselves in without us hearing them and the church agreeed to us adding the alarms and leaving them in place I would imagine you might have that same valid excuse?

We have also used those stick on type alarms and they were quite inexpensive & very effective - surprisingly loud too. The only slight issues we did have with them was that the smaller half didn't stick quite a firmly as the bigger part, and, as we are in a shared hall, we had problems with people taking/ knocking them off. If poss, it might be an idea to superglue them in place and also put a notice beside them explaining how to turn them off in case you forget and someone rips them off to stop the noise when you are not there!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)