Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Birth To Three In Inspection

Having read "Are you ready for inspection" documents, can anyone clarify whether B23 is compulsory. It states Inspectors won't judge on this but we are expected to be following it? Is my brain dead or is this a contradiction?

Ofsted Inspectors are receiving three days training to enable them to inspect to the new format, we are expected to understand and implement it with no training and without any knowledge of how the Inspectors will be taught to interpret the criteria.

Hey, whats new :o

Peggy

Hi Peggy

I didn't think Birth to Three was compulsory (yet), and I understood that the Inspector would look to see whether the needs of under 3s are taken into account when planning etc.

Hopefully it will all be made clearer soon. When they've had their three days' training, no doubt.

Maz

Hi,

My understanding is that, although it's not actually compulsory at present, Inspection reports (Care, that is) will be under the new headings from 'Every Child Counts', which equate to BTTM.

Pick the bones out of that!

Sue :D

Hi Peggy

Just found this article from Nursery Business a publication that come with Nursery World a couple of weeks ago. I hope it helps.

UNDER THE SECTION CALLED INSPECTIONS

The question asked was

How will approved quality assurance schemes and the Birth to Three Matters Framework be incorporated into the system?

The answer was (slightly longer than the question xD )

''OFSTED will make reference in its inspection report to membership of any quality assurance system endorsed by investors in children.

Where providers are members of such a scheme, this will usually reflect in their practice and is likely to improve the grade they receive from the inspectors.

Inspectors will consider any evidence that settings provide during an inspection, and this can include documents arising from membership of such a scheme.

Birth to Three Matters is a good practice guide for those working with children under the age of three. Where registered providers care for children under three.

OFSTED will acknowledge the use of the framework.

Where a setting provides satisfactory or inadequate care for children under three and does not use the framework, OFSTED will suggest actions or make recommendations to improve the quality of care and will point providers towards using the framework''

I have attached a few files-information I found on the OFSTED website you might also find useful :o

Carolann

Ofsted__Office_for_Standards_in_Education_.htm

ofsted_inspection_and_training.doc

more_ofsted.doc

Thank you for those Poshprincess,

I suppose, thinking about it, BTTM will be compulsory when funding for 2 yr olds comes into place. I do think it is a well researched and thought out framework for our little ones. I just hope it is not interpreted as a curriculum that practitioners feel the children have to "perform" to.

Peggy