Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Please!

Hi

I am in need of some help and would be very grateful if anyone could contribute to this thread. I am writing an essay on How children learn for my teacher training. I need to link theory with practice and I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what strategies they use with children to support children's learning.

I have so far been able to link effective questioning with Vygotsky (Zone of Proximal Development) and 'talking partners' with Vygotsky (language development).

Is there anything else that you do when supporting children's learning that contributes to children's development? A list of strategies used would be very useful which I can then link with theory.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

:o

Although I'm particularly interested in Year 1, it would be lovely to hear from teachers and practitioners in other year groups.

If you look through Member’s Articles in the resource are of this site you will find several articles which would be of interest to you, such as Child Initiated Learning, The Multi-sensory Approach and Brain-based learning.

Sustained shared thinking is a way of supporting children’s learning where the adult works alongside the child sharing the thinking process with them, rather than just asking questions. Any questions asked would be open ended to help children make connections in their learning.

If you look through Member’s Articles in the resource are of this site you will find several articles which would be of interest to you, such as Child Initiated Learning, The Multi-sensory Approach and Brain-based learning.

Thank you JacquieL :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)