Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Evidence Profiles: Electronic?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if it is accepted to keep photgraphic evidence in a folder for each child on a usb pen?

I would find this so much easier than printing out and I can also then keep a track of the dates and what the children did rather than the photos waiting for me to glue them in and forgetting what I saw.

Any opinions/ advice would be geat, thank you

I have seen this done in lots of schools and seems like a great way to keep it all managable! Might be worth just looking at data protection so be careful where you use the usb but that is just that liitle gremlin on my shoulder saying 'Don't forget to check' !!!!

Lorna

I keep mine on my laptop in folders I can show parents when they come it does work well. I have some parents who have safety issues with photos so I if I move them I use a usb with a password on it, just incase it goes missing?

You would need to check with your school's data protection policy. It may be that the usb has to be encrypted/password protected or fingerprint protected....and I would not necessarily be advocating taking it out of school to be honest to be absolutely secure. Given that it may contain dob, full names and other details I would recommend checking.

Cx

Thanks everyone, the USB pen was always going to stay at school but I may just put them in my folder on the classroom computer,

Thanks for the advice :o

Thanks everyone, the USB pen was always going to stay at school but I may just put them in my folder on the classroom computer,

Thanks for the advice :o

Last year that was what we did but I would always say BACK THEM UP somehow! A friend of mine lost all of hers in May and you can imagine this distress this caused! We used to back them up on a USB stick (you need one with a large memory if you're snap happy like me!) and keep it somewhere safe!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)