Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gun And Superhero Play

I am currently writing an assignment on the above topic which I know has been covered on this site before but what I would really like to know is how many settings actually have a written policy on the subject . In my setting children are constantly told no with no explanation and its getting ridiculous.

Thanks

I never saw or was directed to a policy and yet I constantly heard 'we dont play with guns here'. It was ridiculous I agree.

But saying that playgrouop dont have one either, although they are allowed o play gun games if they want. An adult usually keeps watch in case some children find it too much but mostly its only the ones who want ot play that join in. I've found if you leave them to it they often just go on o play something else anyway.

Hi there

We had a policy on gun play at my last settin (a Nursery School). We have no policy on this at my new setting, a first school, but the children are allowed to pay guns etc as long as it is not too aggressive and takes into account the feelings of other children who might not wish to be shot. the Year 1 class and myself ( I teach in e Special support Centrre) have just completed 3 weeks of superhero based work. It was FAB.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)