Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekly/term Learning Intentions

Thanks bridger so many people viewed and none replied! Sorry what I meant is how do you choose which areas to focus on , ie do these come from the children's needs and if so do you change the learning intentions each week month or?

Do you choose x amount of children to focus on each week and then look at them as a whole and pick learning intentions or?

Thanks for taking the time to reply

We have a long term plan.

Which is Autumn First Hallf, Autumn Second Half. Spring First Half, Spring Second Half, Summer First Half, Summer Second Half, these are broken down into the six areas of learning of which 2 are highlighted for each half-term.

From those we choose 2 Development matters statements so each week and over the course of the year you will cover them all.

The staff team/keypersons will concentrate on those areas of learning for all children for that week and make notes on post-its. We also have more in depth obs of each child per half-term to look at and plan their next steps.

Child's interests are also noted on a weekly sheet and will determine some of our activities/ equipment for the following week.

Hope this makes sense :o

Thanks so much can I just ask one more thing?

do you split your children into weeks over the half term/term to plan for ie focus on their next steps or do you plan for all the children all the time.

I do appreciate your support thanks

Hi we plan for them all at the same time. This is achieved by their individual keypersons observations already made.

So looking at our weekly plans, intentions chosen and then obs made we then can make judgements/ thoughts for their next steps.

This can be as simple as knows colours, red, blue, green for instance but no others, so there next steps maybe to look at other colours with that child in their everyday activities in pre-school.

Hoping this makes sense. :o

HI at our setting, the key persons obs are interpretated and linked to the development matters dated wen achieved acording to their obs pictures etc, i feel if u just choose what deveopment matters to choose each week some staff will only focus on these and could miss out other development, as links or gaps appear on development matters sheets 4 eg, d is not showing development in hand writing under cll the key person knowing his interest set up a focuse activity. Because u do get gaps and its up to us to provide activities or inhance what they are doing to help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)