Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Risk Assessment Daily Form

Hello,

Can anyone out there help me with this. I have been asked to devise a daily risk assessment form for my preschool, on discussion with my LEA/PLA inspection and my leader.

We were thinking of doing a laminated tick chart showing M-F with check list areas to mark daily when risk assessed (like in the toilet checked charts in places like macdonalds etc!!!). Any ideas what I should include? Brain dead as am being a parent this week as easter hols!!!!

thanxs

kizzy :o

Hi Kizzy

We have a daily/weekly/half termly/annual checklist. It is an A4 sheet of boxes and is laminated so that I can use it each half term using a white board pen.

It includes checking the fire exits daily, fire extinguishers are still in place weekly, smoke alarms checked half termly. I also note on there when the fire extinguishers are serviced annually and the electric equipment checked each year. Off the top of my head I think that's it.

We put this in place as a result of our last OFSTED inspection.

Linda

shouls include everything mines at work at mo so cant send you a copy, but some of the things on ours are , flooring, hall, toilets, heating, all eqipment small and large, garden, exits, everything you can think of in your premises that is a potential hazzard. :D

Just a thought:

Is there a requirement to keep copies of risk assessment forms so that if a claim is made against the setting for an accident/incident, you can prove you took all reasonable steps to minimise risk?

Maz

I suppose what we do is not a risk assessment form, although we do do risk assessments and keep a record of them.

What I have described is a daily check of the premises to ensure all safety procedures are in place. That is why they are not as detailed as what Hali has mentioned. Those are part of our health and safety policy and procedure. This was put in place because our inspector asked us to record somewhere that we do ensure the emergency exits aren't blocked etc. An at a glance check if you like. In that case we can't include the equipment as that would take too long.

As long as we have risk assessments that we review regularly we don't need to keep these checks.

Linda

I keep my annual risk assessment forms with all my old insurance certificates, I believe we should keep these for 40 yrs :o ( well that's what I've written on the storage box, so someone must have told me that at sometime!!!!)

We also do a laminated daily check, ours is similar to Linda's but we also add heaters ( are they too high/low for the weather). It's amazing how quickly the hall heats up and the air gets dry, so if it appears to be a warm start to the day heaters are turned down.

Peggy

gee thanx everyone, I knew you would come up trumps.

hali, can you send me a copy of yours if you don't mind, when you get back to work pls?

Thanx again, :o

kizzy xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)