Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Ict

Does anyone out there have any suggestions about software that is good for ICT lessons. I wonder if all of you teach explicit ICT lessons?

I have half the class on wednesday mornings and have inherited the ICT suite at that time.

In the last few weeks i have asked them to use paint, looking at mouse skills, confidence and knowledge but I am really not sure where to go from here.

any ideas?

Can you use the internet?

http://www.poissonrouge.com/

It teaches loads of mouse skills and it covers loads of ICT objectives as well as other curriculum areas. It is also really good at teaching the children how to explain to someone how to do something - there are so many activities on it that the children see one another child is doing and asks how they found it.

Education city - on internet, split into CLLD, PSRN, topic, some activities differentiated too. My class love it - and so do I - peace!!

Oh I have Education City too! It is good, but quite expensive - I really had to beg my headteacher. Better not let him know I have forgotten till just now that we have a subscription...haven't used it since last year. Oops...

Mine love SimpleCity from 2Simple (has been a hit with all year groups since we got it) and Tizzy's Toybox (which we have recently bought). They also like 2PaintaPicture (also 2Simple) and of course CBeebies!

we have just got ed city....need to get familiar with it.

Some of the 2 simple looks great but not sure if there is any money....

many thanks - children loved using poisson rouge today!

:o

I've been sent a link to Made In Me which is a project John Siraj Blatchford is involved in. The games claim to help to extend the children's thinking as well as developing their ICT skills although I must admit I haven't used them yet and I don't know if it would be suitable for the class set up you have. But the first one or two episodes are free.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)