Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Gone?

missmighty

Hi everyone,

hopefully someone can help. I heard from a friend of mine who runs a preschool setting that they do not do a SEF anymore as they have been scrapped. Is this right? I know they abandoned it in schools but surely preschools are different. With things changing all the time and especially as we dont know what other changes the government are going to put into place a SEF is necessary to ensure we keep on top of things (or try too)

Hi everyone,

hopefully someone can help. I heard from a friend of mine who runs a preschool setting that they do not do a SEF anymore as they have been scrapped. Is this right? I know they abandoned it in schools but surely preschools are different. With things changing all the time and especially as we dont know what other changes the government are going to put into place a SEF is necessary to ensure we keep on top of things (or try too)

Think its only schools - so far anyway!!

Could be wrong though.

I heard Liz Elsom from Ofsted speaking in the week and she was saying that the SEF for PVI providers would remain as schools have other data they can draw on to demonstrate their progress and development but setting such as ours don't really. She said that she no likelihood for the time being at least that the SEF would be scrapped for PVI settings. However she also stressed that it wasn't compulsory and that if we used other things which demonstrated self reflection and charted our progress we shouldn't be replicating that for the SEF.

Hi, I've been on training today and everyone is talking about the SEF going....I've found some clarification on the Nursery World Webpage tonight if that helps. It is only school settings I believe.

Edited by jotee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)