Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Work Books In Reception

What sort of 'work' books do people have in Reception? Not published workbooks, but books where children record their work directly, ie writing etc. Traditionally have had separate CLL, PSRN, Topic & RE but not sure this many are needed. Really interested to hear what everyone else does. Thanks

We don't have any books - anything 'recorded' (drawn, painted, written, stuck, etc) that would fit goes into their 'special folder' (ringbinder type thing) and bigger stuff goes into their big folders.

We have one book where we start at the front for writing and start at the back (upside down) for psrn. Our Topic and RE is also done in our writing books and we just circle that it is RE at the top in case this is needed for the RE inspection. Topic generaly is done through literacy anyway. Anything else is put into this book too. We do now have a psrn workbook - which i detest but that comes with the maths scheme (we don't do a lot in it).

In the book at the mo all there is is an ordering activity for the human growth cycle. because everything else hs been practical. :o

They are A4 landscape with blank pages.

lucie x

We don't have any books - anything 'recorded' (drawn, painted, written, stuck, etc) that would fit goes into their 'special folder' (ringbinder type thing) and bigger stuff goes into their big folders.

We do exactly the same as this but we don't have a big folder for larger work, we photograph it and put the picture in their 'special folder' (learning journey).

Hi

Each child has a learning journal, a work book with the title 'Look what I can do!' this will include all areas (CLL, PRSN, PSE, RE, KUW etc) and then finally a scrap book where I put any art work from displays or special artwork. We are an Eco school so we took the decision to reduce the amount of books used in school. I often found that by the end of the year many books (espcially maths books) were still full of blank pages.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)