Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Very Capable Child

Hi all

I have an extremely capable child this year who knows all her phonemes including vowel digraphs and knows how to use them independently. Where do i take her next?

I'm sure the next step is to get her spelling words correctly, not phonetically but I am really against lists of spellings. What do other people do at this point?

Rufus are you using L&S and is she more than capable of phases 5 & 6? If so then look at Support for Spelling that is what CLLD consultants are suggesting schools more on to after L&S and it can be done in a fun and exciting way just like phonics. You could intorduce the aspect of Support for Spelling into some of your phonic games etc so she is being stretched!

I agree about learning spellings it does work either!!!

Lorna

Rufus are you using L&S and is she more than capable of phases 5 & 6? If so then look at Support for Spelling that is what CLLD consultants are suggesting schools more on to after L&S and it can be done in a fun and exciting way just like phonics. You could intorduce the aspect of Support for Spelling into some of your phonic games etc so she is being stretched!

I agree about learning spellings it does work either!!!

Lorna

Is 'support for spelling' a programme or document?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)