Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Deputy Designated Person

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

Just wondered how many of you out there have a deputy Enco. We have a deputy Senco and Child protection Officer but not Enco. Do we need to have one?

Mary

There is no requirement in the EYFS to have one as far as I know - however I guess it depends on the size of your setting and the amount of work to be done.

In my team of four it would be completely impractical to have a Deputy Inclusion Co-ordinator, Child Protection and Behaviour Management person. Although for a bigger setting it might be good for the named person to have a deputy to bounce ideas off.

Why are you asking - has someone suggested you need one?

Maz

Guest MaryEMac

An Enco is the Equalities co-ordinator, zeezee.

Maz, we have been advised that we should have deputies for these posts so that there is always someone at the setting who is aware of what to do. We have a staff of 5, my deputy is Enco and I am designated person for Sen and CP. I must admit that the two of us work most days and when we are not there we are only a phone call away. I can understand with CP as it may be imperative for someone to make a decision but maybe not so much for Senco.

Mary