Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Planning

hI,

I am a childminder and wonder how other childminders do their plannin.

Have you found it easier to do topics and find activities to correspond with the six areas of learning or to focus on the six areas of learning without using topics.

thanks xx

Hi

My planning is based mostly around the childrens interests, I then plan activities from that for example I have a little girl who is very much into dolls/babies at the moment as mum is about to give birth any day now. I plan lots of activities around this theme/interest washing the dolls/washing the clothes/ stories based around dolls/had a tea party for the dolls. Another little one loves dinosaurs so we have had them outside/in the sand/in the builders tray with leaves and twigs/books/made dinosaur footprints with paints. I then link them to an area I think fits best but to be honest they all link in to many parts of the EYFS I think you have to find out which method works best for you and you show that children are progressing.

hope thats some help :o

Tink69

My planning for under 3s is mostly based on their individual interests. I write up things they enjoy, things parents say they like at home etc and then plan for the next activities.

For over 3s who need a little more structure (and under 3s who want to join in) I plan a range of activities which are again based on their interests but which also show that I am giving them opportunities to learn about the world around them, festivals and celebrations etc.

:o

Hi

My planning is mainly for each individual child but I also have a longterm plan which covers seasonal things we do - such as blackberry picking and jam making, an autmn sensory story and treasure basket, Autumn stories and rhymes, leaf art etc.

I use the children's learning journeys - photo's and obs to keep track of where they are and their interests and plan my week from there - for example, I noticed so and so is often talking about fairies so I have set up a woodland scene on the display table with fairies, fairy puzzles and fairy stories and planned a trip to the woods to look for fairies etc, etc

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)