Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessment Points F2

hI THER EVERYONE, I'm a little confused. I'm in reception and am now beginning to do my assessments for this half half term entry to add onto chn's individual tracking sheets. Should i have done this initially on entry already, and then again at the end of this half term?

Would love to hear what you are doing out there xxxx

I can't help with your query, but I have moved your post out of the EYP Forum and into the Reception Observation, Assessment and Planning Forum!

Hopefully you'll get some good advice soon!

Maz

My LA asks us to gather evidence during Autumn A and enter data to be sent off to LA as Autumn A (or maybe October as they've switched it to months) - but the data is a mix of entry and Autumn A.

I don't really think this gives a good representation of what the children could actually do on entry, although I know those of you with loads of children (and those who come in in a very staggered way) would find it hard to get on entry data very early on. I would imagine anyway.

I think it is really important to give the children plenty of time to settle into their new environment and then they can let us see what they are really capable of doing and what they already know. It is no good for children to be assessed too early or we won't know what they know and then we will not expect as highly of them.

I remember when I started my last job I had been a very capable and successful person in my previous post and yet when I started the new job I really felt de-skilled and it took me at least a term to get to grips with everything - and I am an adult!!!

Lorna

We have been asked by our HT to submit our entry data asap. This is week 3 for my FS2 children and there are 2 reception classes. we have both finished our data entry using the EYFSP and just giving each child a number related to how many points on EYFSP they have achievd. just like the eprofile does for end of reception. Not sure if this is correct but HT satisfied it fits into her tracking system for whole school?!?!

So have you assessed first three profile points - or more? I am never quite sure - or development matters????

Busy doing first three profile points myself, unless any glaringly obviously higher points, like the little girl I have realised can read quite fluently, not just cvc words.

yes we have done first 3 points but like you have one girl who obviously is achieving more, but she is alone as maj are achieving 1 or 2 points in each area.

We are getting to know our new children and will be noting against the first 3 profile points ready for data entry by October. however, have also been asked to observe and assess against the dev matters 30- 50 or 40-60 in corespondence with the nursery notes. Anyone got forms for this before I work how how to get this on paper? :o

Yes, it has been suggested to me too to use dev matters but I can't really get my head around how to record it all - nursery records link to dev matters so don't automatically link to profile, hence I am sticking to first 3 profile points

- at the moment....!

I am open to persuasion

Not sure if this is the right way? but this is how i did it just in case anyone asked :

I assessed on EYFSP first 3 points and using guidance that children working in points 1-3 are securely within 30-50 months

children achieving 3 or more are emerging into 40-60 months

children not scoring on EYFSP are working below 30-50 months

Through this i worked out a % for class of those below those achieving and those exceeding.

I am prob doing it wrong but i only been in reception since march and it all mind boggling for me still

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)