Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Deputy Manager Interview

Firstly sorry if this is being posted in the wrong place!!

I have an interview for a deputy manager position this week and I am soooo nervous. The post is not in my current setting. Has anyone any idea as to what kind of questions I may be asked apart from the usual strengths/weaknesses.

I have been a supervisor now for about 4/5 years and know I am more than ready and able to do the dm job but just nervous about the interview!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Just wanted to say good luck and didn't want to read and run. Just make sure you know the job description inside out and have examples in your head of things you've done using these skills. Also make sure you know your own application in case you get asked to expand on something you wrote down. I'd expect safeguarding and teamwork to be there.

All the best x

Thanks Suebear, I've been googling all night! I've just gone back over my application and I'm glad I did as I had forgotten some of the things I had put as I filled it out about 5 weeks ago!

x

There will almost certainly be a question on equal opportunities/inclusion. You will need to be able to answer this both with regard to children and staff. Also remind yourself of the Every Child Matters agenda. Good luck-remember they need a good deputy just as much as you want the job-you have a lot to offer them!

Good luck and just a thought -I think that the Deputy has one of the hardest jobs in the setting. A go between staff and management trying to keep all happy! They may well ask you questions relating to this.

I expect they will ask you questions realting to EYFS,Welfare requirments, Ofsted, etc

Be good to mention your committment, keen for progression, flexibility that your preapred to work longer hours as necessary etc

and the usual communication ,teamwork, that you are approachable , professional.....

You know what be yourself Im sure you'll be fab!

sharon

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update this for you all! Sadly didnt get the job, the interview was a bit strange, there were only 4 questions and a few of them were not what I was expecting.

1. What supervisory experience do you have?

2. Why was The Children Act 1995 put in place and what are its benefits?

3. What is you understanding of health and safety issues within the nursery both in the room and the kitchen?

4. Scenario, you are planning a trip for pre-school to the local petting farm, you need to leave at 10am and return for 3pm, what do you need to plan and prepare for this trip?

As I say not what I was expecting at all!! I felt I answered each question well but obviously not! The only consolation is that there were approx 30 ppl being interviewed for the post so that didnt make me feel quite so bad!!

Bad luck. Look at as a learning opportunity. I'm sure there will be other job vacancies that will suit you better. How did you feel when you knew the verdict? Glad, upset or really not bothered? Thats always a good indicator of whether you'd really have liked working there.

Onwards and upwards :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)