Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Furniture For Packaway Settings

Hi all,

Does any one know of suppliers who offer ingenious furniture options for packaway settings? I'm looking to open a preschool and have a 7x10m room to zone out with furniture/resources etc (I want to be able to offer a well zoned constructive space for the children), but then I need to pack it all away into a room approx 1.5 x 3m! Anyone able to offer me some pointers???

Thanks!

HI- We are a pack away too. My only advice is to get the sturdiest you can find as it gets a hammering being put away and pulled out each session. The other must is wheels - get as many pieces of furniture with wheels on the bottom as possible as it minimises lifting. We got quite a few from Morleys and they are lasting so far. As far as zoning is cnd to use non slip floor mats to demark areas as the more furniture you have the more their is to packaway !!!! Dizzzzz

Just wanted to say good luck and happy shopping.

I agree with what's been said, wheels are a must but try and get industrial castors as some book cases etc aren't really designed for daily movement.

Material is good for dividing areas if you're allowed to pin it up to walls, tops of drawers etc.

Look for role play toys that fold up, wooden ironing boards look pretty but a nightmare to store.

Lots of dustpans and brushes for children to help you tidy!

Also drawstring bags hung on hooks on the back of doors take up less space than boxes.

We have a rule if you don't know where you'd put it you can't have it!

If your budget allows, Community Playthings have tables with detachable legs, they store on the underside of the table.We use these and they're brilliant,with the added bonus of being able to be made higher or lower, depending on the ages of children they're used for.

Edited by narnia

We have our tiny cupboard set up with some really good quality shelving.

All our toys/resources have a separate 'really useful' box (strong, clear, clip on lid), these are stacked 2 or 3 to a shelf, with big labels so we can see what's in them.

We have a good quality dressing up rail, trays for the children and a book box, these are the only wheel out items we have.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)