Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Task Board Resources

As the title says really, Im looking for some resources to make a task board quickly and easily, I think, to use with a carousel type organisation in yr1.

What do you use, please?

Laminated pictures and names - cut from catalogues or drawings, or from Sparklebox (Yes I am still using it) - then stick on with velcro onto laminated base/display. Or I use magnetic stickers and put the tasks on the metal radiator - you could use a magnetic white board. :o

Susan I use a split wheel which is at child level. It is one large circle with a smaller one on top, fastened with a spilt pin. the smaller one is split into 1/6ths - each 1/6 is a different colour to represent the different groups. The outer wheel is blank and then daily I add 6 photos of areas/jobs I would like them to go to around the edges. The outer wheel moves as the day goes on. With a smaller class I would only use 4 jobs and 4 groups. I hope that makes sense. This may sound like I don't do CI but on mosy of the photos it just represents the area I would like them to work in- they have access to a variety of different materials in each zone. I don't classify my areas as I find that I get better learning opps by adding in construction, mark making etc in each area, they are just enhanced in different ways. We have names for each of the zones and set daily open ended challenges.

Not sure that made any sense at all....sorry xxx

:o

Edited by Guest

Thanks Dougal. This is really for classroom management. Children are used to having been told where to start their day in reception and need some more direction than I would normally give in year 1 to ensure that they have done all the tasks I want them to do. I havent got enough classroom space to zone my classroom either!

So, I have made a chart with my groups and given my areas a number and made a chart where I will write the number of the area where I want them to work unless they are with me. If that becomes too labourious I amy try your wheel idea as I can see that could work too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)