Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On Entry Assessment - Not Based On Fsp

Hi,

This is my first post on here.....so hello all!

I have been asked to devise an on entry assessment that concentrates on the whole child, such as, their personality (are they shy in large groups) are they a leader, do they speak to adults with confidence, are they an oldest/youngest child etc.

I was wondering (hoping) if anyone had something similar they could share with me? Or any ideas about things I could include.

Thank you in advance!

Hi, fab to hear you are not just using FSP!

Look up ITERS and ECERS on web to get ideas of how to observe children in a different way.

I use these scales at beg / mid/ end of year and use the info to inform planning / environment changes and resources - they really give a 'whole child' picture.

Jenni

Look up ITERS and ECERS on web to get ideas of how to observe children in a different way.

That's interesting jennim - can you tell us a bit more about how you use the scales to observe individual children? We use the scales to audit the environment and comment on the strength of practitioner/child and child/child interactions, but would like to know more about what an ECERS/ITERS child observation looks like.

Welcome to the Forum, CLouise!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)