Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resources To Support Delvery Of Ffe

I have the opportunity to apply for a small grant - up to £3500 - to 'support the delivery of the flexible entitlment' and 'enable flexible delivery of the 15 hour entitlement'

We are a pack away preschool operating mornings only. From this September our hours have been extendedd by 15 minutes to offer 3 hours per day so 15 hours over the 5 sessions. At present its whole sessions only.

Any ideas what we might claim for? My chairman is talking about redecoration, replacing the carpet with floorboards, additional storage none of which I can really see fit the criteria but all are needed.

Alwyn

Hi whitetree, has this come from capital funding do you know? (known as quality and access grant)

In which case are you sure it hasn't been frozen in your LA .read about it in nursery world

If not, there are some national guidelines which should have been shared with you as to what this money can be spent on.

If its from something else entirely, then it will have its own criteria.

It is from Capital and Access. The letter says we are reopening opportunities for PVI providers to apply for a small grant that will enable them to deliver the 15hr entitlement flexibly

The deadline is next week but I've only just had it land back in my court after the chairman decided she was too busy after all.

We were told that we could not claim this funding unless the 15 hours were offered over 3 days, we currently open 4 hours per day over four days and this did not meet the criteria.

Though this is probably different for different areas!!

Edited by Guest

Yes I think each LA puts certain conditions on the use of the fund.

Whitetree, can you give us some ideas of what is included in your remit.

I know in my LA, settings were able to apply for storage units but pack away settings could not apply for things which would affect the fabric of the building which usually isn't theirs (like redecorating which is the responsibility of the hall owners)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)