Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Deputy And Qualifications

Hi

Struggling to get any level 3 to be depuyt. can we have a good experienced level 2 who will be willing train? Got no other level 3 except manager. Also go good candidate who has a qualification from Holland. She hasNVQ3 in Social Pedagogy .

Anybody know if this is a suitable qualificatioN/

Thanks

Hi Marley, where are all the qualified staff i wonder. I think a NVQ3 in Social Pedagogy is primarily training within the residential care sector, your best bet is to get on to your Early Years Adviser who should beable to answer your question regarding this qualification. What sort of provision are you Marley? As for your other question my understanding although i may be incorrect is that you must have a qualified level 3 on the premises in the manager/supervisors absence, so there is always a level 3.

Hopefully someone else maybe able to guide you on this.

Good luck and hope you sort it out. :o

Re the candidate from Holland, if you phone Ofsted 0300 1231231, then they can put your through to the Qualifications Line (I think it is run by the CWDC Children's Workforce Development Centre) who may be very helpful in working out if the Dutch qualification means anything in the UK. They were really helpful with a couple of our candidates recently and have access to the NARIC database which lists many equivalent courses. Otherwise the candidate would need to contact NARIC http://www.naric.org.uk/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)