Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is Your Employer Paying Fd Fees A Taxable Benefit?

vickymck

I have just been doing my tax return for this year and the question struck me. My employer is paying for my uni fees in September using the graduate leader fund and I was wondering if anybody knows if this is classed as a taxable benefit ? :o I assumed that we would be able to pay the Uni directly but do I then have to declare this on my tax return?

Thanks for any guidance

I'm no tax expert but if your employer is requiring you to do the course and is paying your fees on that basis, then I wouldn't have thought it would be classed as a taxable benefit. I'd give the Inland Revenue a call to check though - you don't want any nasty shocks.

Maz

This has been niggling at me since I posted earlier. So I had a quick look at the hmrc website. You can see for yourself here but basically your employer does not need to report the fact that they have paid your tuition fees, or to make any NIC contributions.

Phew!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)