Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hallway Display!

I'm looking at changing our display in the hallway. At the moment it is just about the Eyfs but i feel like its a bit of a waste of space and that more information could be displayed there.

What have you got displayed in your hallway/ parents board/ recepton area ?

We have a separate board for all the legal stuff like registration certificate, insurance etc, so this would just be for useful information for parents.

I occassionally pop into the GP surgery and even the police station to pick up leaflets that might have some worthy information. Domestic violence, drugs, drinking vaccinations, healthy eating etc.

I also print funny rhymes, famous quotes or easy recipes to dowith children. I dont think my board is even looked at, but i like it.

i have never had an area outside my classroom for a board but have just moved classrooms and have a space for one now! what do you think is an essential for displaying? I was thinking meet the staff, daily routines, information regarding educational visits/ parent helpers/ CRB forms if people require? any other good suggestions!

sorry i totally hyjacked the thread!

what EYFS information do you have up? not sure my parents would spend time looking at it???!

i think the quotes and funny things sounds like a good idea!

:o

Thats ok, its all useful stuff....we also have pictures of staff, names, qualifications, if they are first aiders and what responsibilities they have within the nursery ie, h&s officer

Our Eyfs info just consists of parent friendly explanations of the 4 themes and photographs of the children taking part in different activities according to the six areas of development, the parents defo like looking at the pictures so i hope they take it all in!!

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
Thats ok, its all useful stuff....we also have pictures of staff, names, qualifications, if they are first aiders and what responsibilities they have within the nursery ie, h&s officer

Our Eyfs info just consists of parent friendly explanations of the 4 themes and photographs of the children taking part in different activities according to the six areas of development, the parents defo like looking at the pictures so i hope they take it all in!!

hi i am looking for a great enabaling enviroments display for parents, i saw one on here dated feb 8th 2009 it was by janine does any 1 have the link thanks

we are pack away so we have many little cork boards

we display

'what we are having for snack this week'

parents board with children centre info, theme for the week, vocabulary we are introducing, fund raising

another board displays ECAT info

and another displays Ofsted and cool milk info

inside the hall i have fire and insurance certs, rota's, planning, staff info

everything i display is on a board blue tack and the staple gun are my best friends :)