Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Painting The Playground

Hey - just wondering if anyone has painted their own concrete floor for their playground (racing track, hopscoth, number lines etc.). The price of professional companies seems outrageous and I know the designs I want already. Have seen prices to hire line markers and know which paints to buy but just wondered if anyone has tried it already and had disastrous effects or been successful and have any tips!

Thanks

Fluffy Lamb

Hi Flufflylamb,

Not much too add on this - sorry

However I too am considering this.

I have ideas, but of course if it goes wrong, then that would just be a disaster!!!! :o

So I would be very interested in any ideas or comments on this thread!!!

Z x

This is how far I've got so far:

http://www.promain.co.uk/product/CooVar_Li..._Grounds_id3223

but also saw some aerosol spray can online too - not sure if you have to put masking tape down first tho!

Also found a line marker from a hire shop

http://www.hss.com/g/53650/Line-Marker.html

I'll probably be so petrified to make a mess with the line marker that I'll spend hours marking out a hopscotch pitch with chalk, more hours putting down masking tape and then a few days painting the lines with a tiny paint brush very very carefully!

Then I'll realise it's not that straight - and I'll get graffiti removing liquid and call in the professionals!

Fluffy Lamb

we had our concreted painted outside last year by our local senior high school, which is also a part of an art and drama acadamy. We had a talk with the headmaster and asked if he wouldnt mind if his students could design something for us and that we would donate a prize for the prefered picture and then allowing that student/s to draw it and paint it at the preschool outside. We did give specific ideas what we wanted i.e snake with numbers, hopscotch etc and for them to come up with different ideas around it. It looks lovely. It helped us and also helped the students as part of their assessment and portfollo. So thats what you call working together as part of the community!! If may be worth a try and ask, we did supply the paint etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)