Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For Under Twos

sharonash

Can anyone share any planning for unders twos please we dont seem to be able to access or get advice ffrom our LA on this, again we dont have a mentor etc

Your help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

sharon

My planning comes straight out of the Practice Guidelines for the EYFS.

When I make my observation and identify which evelopmental aspects the child has achieve or is trying to do. I then look over at the Effective Practice, and the Next Steps which is in effect, my plan.

For instance, when I observe the baby kicking at the toys on the playgym I know that this is part of PSED and PD. In PSED I highlight 'Develop an understanding and awareness of themselves' and look across at Effective Practice, and Next Steps.

I will plan to 'Say or sing made-up rhymes or songs while stroking or pointing to the babies’ hands, feet or cheeks.' and to promote further development I will, 'Devote uninterrupted time to babies when you can play with them.' I also need to take the babies preferences into account - so if the baby was showing preference for the animals on the playgym as opposed to the abstract images, then I might sing songs more with an 'animal focus'.

The easiest way is to have a copy of the EYFS Practice Guidelines for each child - not easy to come by. Or you can make a copy of your own. This took me a VERY long time and I'd be happy to share one if I can.

Have just tried to attach my workbook but system says, 'Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file'. It is an Excel Workbook - Tech Assistance needed please!

Anyway, I am no expert - but this works for me.

Good luck, Honey

Hi Honeypancakes

If it won't let you load a whole workbook could you try just an "active sheet" it might be a size thing that is preventing you from uploading.

Then again I could be totally wrong as this is just a guess, I'm not very technical at all really. But it does sound like you have something interesting here to share. I shall keep my eyes open to see if you have any sucess.

BMG

Really, it is only a copy of the Practice Guidelines typed into an Excel Spreadsheet and copied for each child. Just took ages to do. Wanted to make it be all singing, all dancing planning/assessing machine but failed. I ended up just printing out that portion which is relevent to the child's developement and recording on that with dates and a highlighter.

Honey

Hi Honeypancakes

If it won't let you load a whole workbook could you try just an "active sheet" it might be a size thing that is preventing you from uploading.

Then again I could be totally wrong as this is just a guess, I'm not very technical at all really. But it does sound like you have something interesting here to share. I shall keep my eyes open to see if you have any sucess.

BMG

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)