Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Class To Be Named After A Charity

Hi

Have just found out that I need to think of a charity to name my new F2 class after. It needs to be appropriate to the children, but the 2 most local and relevant ones have gone.

Have though of (and found when googling!) I CAN (the children's communication charity) - lots of ideas for creative work for a display about the charity and opps for using photos in displays; WSPA (the world society for the protection of animals) - love animals and so do most children, this charity covers the whole spectrum of wild animals too; or 'Tiggywinkles' - its an animal hospital, not near us, but I love the idea of links to Beatrix Potter books and how it supports British wildlife.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated. I want to choose one soon, so no-one else gets it!

Thanks

RSPB lots of great pics, activities to do with children especially if you have an outdoor area that you can see from the classroom

Local children's hospital???

What about choosing a charity for the elderly....good to do a community thing and the children will have grandparents etc

Thanks for the suggestions. There is a little boy with diabetes in the class, so might look at some ideas around that instead of asthma / eczema but thanks for the inspiration.