Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Move Up Day Activity Ideas

Hi

I need some inspiration. I am moving to Year 1 next year which means I am having my class again in September. We have move up day tomorrow and although we will be in the new classroom I'm not sure what activities to do with my children as I already know them! I want to give them a taste of Year 1 with a selection of activities but would like to have a little structure!

Perhaps you could do something about how they feel about moving up to year one? What do they think will be the same/different? What they like/dislike about the new classroom (would give you chance to alter things over summer as well!) Maybe get them to draw/paint a special picture, perhaps something they enjoy about school, which you can put on the wall in the summer ready for when they return.

Would they be up for a scavenger hunt - could you make some easy clues for them to follow and find objects in the room to bring back to you to let them orientate themselves with the new room, what resources it has etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)