Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Now What Do I Do?!

Hi everyone

I posted a little while ago on here about our September numbers and that due to a setting closing we were full!!

The setting that was closing have asked all parents in for a meeting on Friday as they have found someone to take over! Great news for them but now I'm of a quandry what to do! I'm assuming that some of my new children may very well swap back to their old setting, but this close to the end of term and with headcount looming do I ring all the parents and ask what they are doing (there's about 25 of them!), do I hope the parents will consider me and call me of they are changing back!! I've also just interviewed and made a job offer to take into account our rise in numbers!!

The previous setting know that nearly all of their children have came to us for places and I haven't heard from them, but if I was in their shoes would I say anything!?

I've just started printing all the registration packs, so have stopped for the moment, just ordered all my uniform as well!!

Just not sure which way to go!! And I don't think I can rely on parents doing the honest thing do you?

Kris

I agree parents are fical. we were in the ame boat as the other setting about to close then found new premises. I wrote to all parents telling them the situation and told them that i was happy if they had found new places but that we were carrying on.

I would write to parents saying that you understand that their old setting is carrying on are are happy for them to return to old seting but as you need the information for september could they confirm their place with you by a certain date.

Good luck