Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Aprons For Water Play.

I wonder if anyone has any views on the best aprons for outdoor water play....

We use tabbards for painting because they are easy for the children to put on, but don't really do the job for water play when the children are unable/unwilling to roll up their sleeves! or they just fall down! or they have coats on outside!

Does anyone have a recommendation for waterproof aprons with sleeves that are going to keep the water out?

Many thanks,

Ooo they look great- I'm going to shamelessly steal that link and claim it for my own :o

Why is it that some children don't notice, even if they are drenched in water!!??

I generally don't like long sleeved aprons for use in the water tray - once a bit of water gets into sleeves they end up more wet than they would without an apron on (or they seem to anyway!) I also think that once they (and am talking reception here not nursery) have got wet due to lack of rolling up sleeves then one would hope they learn from that .... :o ok maybe not!!

Having said all that, winter times with coats mean tabards are not much use - ours tend to not bother with them (actually they don't bother with aprons for water full stop come to think of it so this thread is probably pointless... xD ) BUT those with the velcro sleeves would be great, especially if bought in a larger size that would fit over bulky coats....!

Edited by Guest

Guest LornaW

I have always used old shirts and t-shirts. they are easy to put on once you have cut off the sleeves and collar or t-shirts need nothing to happen.

they are soft and do not inhibit children's movement

they go in the washing machine easily and then when they are past it you just throw then away!!

Lorna

I like those ones with the velcro sleeves you posted, Playplayplay. The aprons we have with sleeves are elasticated at the cuffs and are really tight, which means they are uncomfortable to wear and difficult for the children to get on and off independently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)