Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

No Cd8- What Am I Doing Wrong?

Hi,

Today we have handed in our profile data and this year I have been unable to give one CD8 point this year. The children have been happy to persue adult directed creative activities but there is a severe lack of individual expression / imaginative creativity this year. Either that or I have missed it! Any ideas how I can make this a priority next year?

Thanks

Rachael

Is it that children are achieving in some parts of the Point 8 and not others, or a general 'not achieving'? I would perhaps say have a look at your continuous provision - does it encourage children in the areas you feel are missing? Are there opportunities for them to cover all aspects - so do you have music/sound making available all the time. Do your resources encourage them to use their imagination - I know I have some specific dressing up clothes such as police, fire, and some costumes donated by parents - Snow White etc., but have you also got rolls of fabric which could be anything, and so children have to really think about what they're doing? Also large empty cardboard boxes for them to use inside and out and generally good for creating imaginative ideas/play. Sometimes children will take something from an adultdirected and run with it - other things just don't take off, and we can't unfortunately work that out sometimes. But if you've done something as a directed activity, do you then leave resources out so children can return to it if they choose - some children just need extra time.

Don't know if any of these ideas will help or work - and of course it may be that you're already doing these....

Good luck,

Harricroft

I wouldnt beat yourself up over one point especially when that point is so detailed. Its actually quite a tall order for your children to be achieving all of that independently! Cohorts vary and maybe your cohort this year have achieved something else that others have not?

Harricroft has made some good suggestions already about the provision but even so I wouldnt worry about this, just bear it in mind for next year.

I'm not sure that I ever gave children point 7 or 8 for in CD as they are both so huge.

I wouldn't worry too much either because I think point 8 is really tough, so many aspects, I didn't give many out and I have a very creative cohort compared to last years. As long you're providing a good provision then hopefully next year you'll have a few more creative children! I think children thrive off other children's ideas so maybe there was no one for them to. x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)