Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Written Task In Interview

I have been called back for a second interview for a creche supervisor role. I really, really want it and have a 50:50 chance which I don't want to mess up! I will have to do a mystery 20 minute written task about "things I should already know". Has anyone set a task like this or had to do one at interview? I suppose it will most likely be about planning but wondered if anyone had any other ideas about what it could involve so that I can be prepared!!!

Could be some scenerios for you to solve - e.g. a parent comes to see you with a complaint about a member of staff... a child has really unhealthy things in his lunchbox ... you catch a staff member shouting at a child... etc etc - how would you react?

Good luck! :o

In one interview I had I had to write a letter to some parents about their continued late collection of their children, so maybe it could be something like that/

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't really feel like I can prepare for it in the way I would for an interview, but I know that if I'm unsuccessful I'll wish I had done some more preparation.

Still, I like to think I can learn from these experiences - after the interview I did some research on an inclusion based qu that I mumbled my way through because I didn't feel comfortable with it, and now, I've done a bit more reading I would be able to answer it much more confidently another time!

I am a bit worried that I'll be expected to quote from the EYFS off the top of my head - in which case the other person will get the job!!!

I am a bit worried that I'll be expected to quote from the EYFS off the top of my head - in which case the other person will get the job!!!

Well I'd be interested in a show of hands between the members on here who can quote from the EYFS off the top of their heads, line! I'm not sure I would want to work from any organisation who would put up such a difficult hurdle in front of an applicant!

Good luck with your interview!

Maz

Well, I got the job! :oxD:(

The questions were about the EYFS, one asking for a creative activity covering at least 2 areas of learning, the other asking me to write about my experience of working with under 5s since 2008. It was a tall order to write in any depth in 20 mins, and I did leave out a couple of things (which, of course I only realised 5 mins later on my way out and had to slap myself on the forehead in annoyance lol!) but I obviously did something right.

Thanks for your suggestions, I just tried to read through some of the main issues I might be asked about, and made sure I had memorised all the aspects of the areas of learning just in case I had a blank moment. Now I'm all set for the EYPS in Sept, and I'm really excited about working for this lovely charity organisation.

Edited by line

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)