Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daily Planning

hi everyone

this is my first time on forum hope this works. i have moved to new setting where daily planning is done giving reasons links to eyfs very time consuming. manager very keen on this has anyone got any simpler ideas?

susan :o

Welcome to the forum Susan well done on making your first post, lets hope it's the first of many.

We do our planning weekly - we plan from what has interested the children so each day staff just note down on the plan for the following week the kinds of things their key children have been doing and how they want to follow this up. I then turn all this info into a working plan for the following week, but have to say that it is quite likely that this gets shelved or at least some of it by a much more exciting thing happening! You just get used to plans not always getting followed in the way you think they will, but they do provide a base to start the fun from and yes it is time consuming and hard work this way, but at least you are up to date with what the children need currently.

The only thing that is linked to the EYFS is the continuous planning, but this is set up on cards and shows individual areas, such as play dough, shows the links to each of the 4 themes, what resourcesare always there what we would hope to see etc. and enhancements we can offer. These get up-dated occasionally, but don't have to be done daily. Perhaps you could do a forum search for continuous plans by using the blue oval shape at the top of the page which says "search forum posts", click on that then fill in the page which appears and posts and downloads will show up.

thanks Panders for idea will look at continuous provision. i would rather spend time with the children than lots of time consuming planning much more rewarding

Welcome to the forum, Susan :o

Have you discovered the resource library yet? Click on resources, and then resource library. It's an area of the forum where very generous members upload all sorts of helpful documents. You might like to search through the continuous provision and planning proforma sections.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)