Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Treasures Assembly

hi everyone. next week we have our class assembly (catholic school) which is based on our current RE topic 'treasures' it is all about realising that we have treasures - in the things that are special to us and that God has treasures, in us and everything that he created.

The main bulk of the assembly is ready - lots of pictures and confident children reading their writing about treasures. xD

I normally plan the assembly to take the audience through our learning during the theme and

When i first metioned the theme the children all thought of treasure as something that you look for on a map.

BUT im not sure how to do it. The child in me wants something to do with pirates! :o

Has anyone get any good ideas?!

I think your msg is best given exactly through the line of thought that you already have, ie treasure is superficially the things we think of in pirates' chests, but in reality, real treasure just means things that are precious to us, ie an old one eyed teddy, a hug from mum, kind friends etc . They are much more valuable. Go with the pirate scheme, but end up with a "precious to us" chest rather than a "traditional treasure chest".

• 2 years later...

The children could write/draw their own 'personal' treasure on individual coins (using large size card) and read/talk about their own special treasure e.g. "I treasure Mum's hugs" or "I treasure the time Dad takes me to the park" - the 'treasure' could be collected in a large treasure chest.

Sorry, not very helpful!

This reminds me of the superb poem 'the magic box' By kit wright, could this be adapted in some way for an assembly? Could each child think of something they value to go into the magic box

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)