Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pe In Eyfs

hi. we are a primary school with 2 reception classes and a full time nursery.

We currently each have 1 hall slot plus 1 outdoor gross motor session as well as outdoor continuous provision.

our P.E co -ordinator says this is not enough. Can other schools tell us what they do please?!

I would argue that continuous provision does count and I have heard of school not offering any formal PE lessons. I still do 2 PE a week to ensure that all children access physical activity as some children (only a very few) don't really run around much or engage in the active continuous provision. I would strongly argue that this is more than adequate whn adult led time is so prescious and limited in EYFS. x

hi. we are a primary school with 2 reception classes and a full time nursery.

We currently each have 1 hall slot plus 1 outdoor gross motor session as well as outdoor continuous provision.

our P.E co -ordinator says this is not enough. Can other schools tell us what they do please?!

We are nursery and we have two hall sessions each week and so does our reception class, we also go to wake up shake up 3 times a week which is an aerobics type of activity with the whole school. We have a new 'climbing frame/activity centre' and tyres which is for the whole school and we can go on there whenever we like, and of course we do all our 'normal' type of activities as well. We can also go out on the field whenever we please.

We do not always take our hall sessions, but the children love dancing so may do extra sessions in the class - usually at 'lunch time' so that the reception children can join in if they want.

Edited by katekit

2 hrs is completely unrealistic for everyone! Some thoughts as KST says are that PE does not need to be a formal activity in EY. What support can you get from your Advisory teacher?

Not much!!!! Thanks for all your replies, feel a little more confident preparing to defend our provision!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)