Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photos

Guest Spiral

Hi Suebear,

we have 50 children and I'd say we take in excess of 50 photos a week - some show three or four aspects of one activity with one child, others show one. It costs a fortune and I get a little upset if we get photos of the floor or blurry bad ones which haven't been deleted before I do the weekly print.

hope that helps,

Spiral.

We have the same kind of problem.

Staff take photos of everything and we end up with a mountian of them and it does cost a fortune in printing - not to mention the time it then takes to cut them out and stick them in the child's learning journey.

We are finding that we are losing opportunities to include samples of children's work as the staff seem so stuck on using photos.

We have the same kind of problem.

Staff take photos of everything and we end up with a mountian of them and it does cost a fortune in printing - not to mention the time it then takes to cut them out and stick them in the child's learning journey.

We are finding that we are losing opportunities to include samples of children's work as the staff seem so stuck on using photos.

Hi

A while ago there was a conversation about printing photos on sheets of labels so all you had to do was peel them off and stick them in books.....trying to do a search to see if I can find the information but if anyone who has information about the products can offer advice then that would be great.....off to try and find it :o

Sue

Ok, a few things I have found that may help;

When staff take a photo they write a sticky label also. I print all photos at home then match them up with labels. They are left on table for staff to put in folders each day

Pogo Photo Printer, it's great!

Photographs On Sticky Labels?

Hope this helps

Guest jenpercy
Ok, a few things I have found that may help;

When staff take a photo they write a sticky label also. I print all photos at home then match them up with labels. They are left on table for staff to put in folders each day

Pogo Photo Printer, it's great!

Photographs On Sticky Labels?

Hope this helps

i'm against taking all these photos. I think that it can make children self-conscious, and can take away the validity of an experience as the photo can become the point of the exercise. Also, does it not take up the equivalent of a whole member of staff to take so many.

One idea could be to take pictures of child's finished products.

i'm against taking all these photos. I think that it can make children self-conscious, and can take away the validity of an experience as the photo can become the point of the exercise.

In the setting where I worked we used to take photos of children in action....very rarely did the child pose for a photo as such, this way most children were oblivious of the fact they were being photographed.

I do think photos enhance a child's learning journey / special book and as a parent I loved seeing photos of my child engaged in activities at nursery.

I think sometimes the finished product is needed in a photo but the process is what we try to catch and is more important!!!

The children in nursery LOVE their learning journey books and so do the parents.

I know its costly and time consuming with cutting and sticking but I think they are WORTH IT!!

I don't agree that it makes a child self conscious.

Particularly if the children are used to using a camera in the setting themselves!

We have 50 odd children and I print off about 80 a week.

We do it on plain paper (not photo grade) and 9 to a page.- I try to scan for walls and celings before printing!!!!

VERY occasionally I do a bigger print but it has to be a truly major signifacant event!

I agree the parents love them and the books do look good- but I also have to remind staff that first and formost it is to show progression etc, and that interacting directly with the children is more important than making a 'really pretty book'.

Keep comments coming, finding this very interesting. I have 34 children and spend a night a week editing, printing etc approx 60 pictures. We take photos to capture magic moments, child doing unusual activity etc, things where it would be faster to take a snap rather than write 2 paragraphs on what they are doing. Children view the camera as a resource and as natural as us scribbling in a folder! They love taking photos too.

I don't mind the time I put in but it's the cost of the ink that drives me crazy, my printer seems to be always flashing low ink. I like the idea of pogo printers and possibly keeping my hp printer just for paperwork but am curious if the costs of the special pogo paper makes it worthwhile.

I don't mind the time I put in but it's the cost of the ink that drives me crazy, my printer seems to be always flashing low ink.

I hope you ignore the flashing low ink and keep going until the printer actually stops working or the quality is too poor....we have a couple of printers in the office that tell you to change the cartridge but keep going for loads of pages!!!!!!

We take loads and in my opinion they are well worth the cost

a picture says a thousand words and children love sticking them into journals and our'talking book'

great for kuw learning and children love taking pics as well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)