Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

School Reports

Hi ya all,

I am in the process of improving the reports we send to the schools when the children leave the nursery.

I was going to include a brief description of what the children can do in each area of development, also the current age level they are working at in each area.

I was going to include a photo of the child and a quote from them about what they like at nursery.

Is there anything eles that as a reception teacher you would like to know about the child.

Thank you in advance

Karen

x x

Hi ya all,

I am in the process of improving the reports we send to the schools when the children leave the nursery.

I was going to include a brief description of what the children can do in each area of development, also the current age level they are working at in each area.

I was going to include a photo of the child and a quote from them about what they like at nursery.

Is there anything eles that as a reception teacher you would like to know about the child.

Thank you in advance

Karen

x x

As a Reception Teacher that sounds great to me!!!

I agree that as a Reception teacher that sounds really useful. In Gloucestershire there is a transisiton form that most settings use which basically follows this format. Rather than saying which age level the children are working at it measures the children against the 1st 3 points on the FSP, which I find helpful when baselining the children.

Kathryn

Having good links with a few of our local reception teachers we put our heads together to come up with what is good info for them

they wanted to know where we are planning for our children in DM for each aspect in each area

we have also added, our children s 'Well being and Involvement' levels are

what our children's current interests lie

And if they wehere staying with us what we would be planninf for next

And guys please remember we are professional people and our judgements are to be respected and the reception teachers felt that with confidence they could use our 'reports' for Ofsted and moderation as evidence

I visited your setting this morning Sue and its absolutely lovely.

Between the 4 FS teachers at RI, this week we have visited 16 settings and CC has been up there with the best!

Your staff knew their children very well and were able to answer all our questions.

Your transition forms were informative without being too longwinded..... perfect for me as a Reception Teacher/ Leader.