Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Preschool Interview Problem

Hi all I have got an interview at a preschool next week and would really like the job could anyone give me some examples of questions I maybe asked.

The other problems I have had is the position is for a preschool assistant (this is what I want to do) the problem I have had at other interviews is because I was a preschool manager for many years this is the feedback I have received "you are to experiance you should be doing a managers role, you will get bored" etc. One I did not get an interview rang for feedback and was told "we want someone we can mould you have to much experiance" (they had not me so if can not be any thing I give off at interview). It is so frustating I really don't want to be a manager just be in with the children giving them the best experiance I can.

Hi Irismarie,

I had to reply to you as I have experienced this very same problem!!!! I know how frustrating it is for you but hang in there someone will come along and realise that your experience as a manager is an asset and not a threat.

I have finally stopped looking for a new job as I have been helping out at the nursery I used to own on a temporary basis and they have begged me to stay. Never felt so wanted!!! So decided to accept. I love being back with the children and just doing the job I have always loved and is what I am good at.

Good luck to you in what ever you do

Lardylady

Hi Irismarie and a very warm welcome to the forum! :o

How frustrating for you and in my humble opinion - how very short-sighted of the interviewers........

Good luck - hope you get a position that is just right for you - and soon! xD

Well I wouldn't turn you down due to your obvious experience! It is something we have had when interviewing before and we do sometimes ask "why?" but that is so we can genuinely understand and also see if it brings out any desire to take on more responsibility which we can use in the future. I'm sorry you've had no luck so far though.

Re the questions - we tend to ask for examples of experience of dealing with unwanted behaviour, doing planning, working from the children's interests, etc. However our questions are specific to the way our setting works and the issues we might be having with the staff at the time, so we try to make sure we are not getting someone else with an aversion to dealing with unwanted behaviour for example :o So it might not be as easy as finding out what others have asked. I hope it goes well for you. Fingers crossed.