Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

With An Nvq Can I Supervise

Hi all I have had my nvq 3 early years for a while now and hope to pass my last eca for the Certificate in Early Years Practice. As I understand I would be able to manage a nursery so does anyone know if I would be able to supervise the reception class, I work in for short periods.

do you mean to cover PPA? if so then yes, my TA is lev3 and is paid as a cover supervisor when she covers for my PPA time. She is joined by another TA during this time.

I think it says in EYFS something like it doesnt put any restrictions on how schools cover these short teacher absences (or something along those lines). If anyone else thinks differently could they let me know!

might be wrong but I thought to cover supervision of a reception class in school you have to be a teacher or HLTA (level 4 or above) whereas in a nursery setting a level 3 (nvq or similar) can supervise.

That is what I thought too x

pg 50 of statuatory framework for eyfs says 'school teachers' do not include teaching assitants, hlt's or other support staff, but have never really understood if this is intended for all reception classes, as book only talks about maintained schools. would be interested to know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)