Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children Just Joined Reception

Guest eck1975

Guest eck1975

Help!?

... I really need to ring my Early Years Advisory team - but been so busy, I just haven't got to a phone within office hours.

I had two new children join my class last week, one on 7th June and one on 8th June. I have not received anything at all from one previous school and the only thing i've received from the other is a letter that says X is working at level 7 in reading, level 7 in writing, and level 7 in maths, which doesn't even make sense, as having achieved scale point 7 and having achieved 7 scale points is not the same thing, not to mention that CLL is split into four strands and PSRN is split into three strands.

Anyway, sorry - I digress ... what I want help with is - Do I have to submit the end of EYFS data for these children??

I am not confident that having them in the class for only 3 weeks before the finalised data is due, will enable me to make a fair assessment of where they are, or them to find their feet well enough to shine .... arrrghhhh .... Help!

Thank you!

If they joined AFTER the summer half term it is the responsibility of their previous setting to submit their scores. If BEFORE it is yours.

All the details are in the Assessment and reporting arrangements booklet EYFS/KS1 2010 p14.

http://www.qcda.gov.uk/resources/assets/20...stage_1_ARA.pdf

"If a child starts at a new school before the summer half-term holiday (or sixth term), the new school must report the child’s results to the local authority.

If a child starts at a new school during the second half of the summer term (or sixth term), the previous school or setting must report the child’s results to the local authority."

However if their previous school does it do not leave them on your data return as you will end up with children scoring 0 and therefore affect your average scores in your LA data return.

Cx

Edited by catma

I don't have the answer but eagerly await someone in the know answering this as I had a new child start last Monday with no records at all!

if they joined you after half term then you have to report. i know how you feel - im in the same situation (at least you have some information albeit sounding a little odd!)

if your term dates are the same as ours then it sounds like u will need to do it.

I think thats right anyhow!

lucie x

Guest eck1975

Thank you Catma!

Believe it or not, I have looked through the ARA ... I think it's just a case of brain overload at the moment!

They both started after half term, one on the 7th and one on the 8th June ... makes much more sense for the previous schools to submit their data! Phew!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)