Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Racing For Life.......

Scarlettangel

Morning all.

Just thought I'd scribble a quickie on here.

Today I am off to do my TENTH race for life (in aid of cancer research) and it just struck me how very little time it is to give up, to raise money for such an important cause.

I also realise as I do every year now, that it shouldn't have taken the death of my Mum to spur me into action on behalf of cancer research.

So to anyone doing their race today GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

and if you have never joined a race for life event perhaps think about giving it a go next year.................. 5km isn't far particularly if like me you stroll it with friends......... it's an hour MAX out of your day, your week, your month your year, to help someone else............

Good for you - enjoy today it is always emotional....I done it last SUnday with my four daughters, it was our fourth time and emtoional as always as I have lost family to cancer and more recently a good friend....my daughters friend also has cancer..she is 19! You are absolutely right and I felt the same last week....it raises so much money everyone should have a go.....I am doing the 10km in October as well........such a worthy cause... :oxD:(

Well done ladies, and the best of luck with it today Scarlettangel . Perhaps I better sign up next year. Cancer research is such as important area as I think almost everyone knows someone who has it or is affected by it in some way.

I did Race for Life yesterday too, with my daughter and 3 friends. I set off not knowing if I could manage the distance after my illness but I did it at almost normal walking speed! Adrenalin and the fantastic atmosphere kept me going through the race as walking to the bus stop afterwards was awful!

Thankyou, on behalf of all of us who have dealt with cancer on any level, to those of you who literally go that extra mile to raise money to help us. Like many others, I have not only lost family to cancer, I have danced with the C demon myself. Thanks to funds coming in from all kinds of events, researchers are ever closer to finding the key to halting this beast in its tracks. My daughter and eldest grandaughter ran last week and I am hoping to have enough energy to enter the race myself next year, in a bid to give back a little of what I have been given .Good luck xxx

( and to everyone: don't forget to check your 'bits'...........menfolk too!)

well done to all those who have done it, and good luck to those who are doing it soon. I completed my 6th one today. It is a great atmosphere

Clare x

Well done to everyone who has run already and good luck to those doing it in the next couple of weeks! Not doing mine until 4th July!