Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vat Exemption

Does anyone have any experience of applying for vat exemption on new buildings? i looked into this some time ago but the rules seem to have changed and just wondered if any of you knew about it? :o

we are pvi charity setting

yes, we did it - wasnt too difficult to set up -we built our new premises about 4 years ago -so not sure if the rules have changed since then. i will see if i can dig out the info, hopefully i kept it. will pm you !

yes, we did it - wasnt too difficult to set up -we built our new premises about 4 years ago -so not sure if the rules have changed since then. i will see if i can dig out the info, hopefully i kept it. will pm you !

are you a registered charity ? there is lots (and lots and lots !!) of info here ---

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalW...ment#P144_10603

not all of it will be relevant to you -

you need to issue a certificate to the contractor -there is an example of one on the page - look at section 16 and section 18.

i made our own certificate and emailed a copy to hmrc to make sure it was ok. i would also call hmrc to ask advice, they sent me out a booklet which was helpful.

i had to inform the contractor the build would be zero rated - and give him a copy of the certificate, they did not then charge us vat on the build, you may find the contractor has done this on other builds before and will know some of the process.

i will see if i can find a copy of our form.