Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Admissions

HI I hope someone can help and to check i am not going mad. I'm sure when i was reading on here the other day that during a discussion on reception intake etc there was a comment on admissions for September 2011 and that it was going to be arranged that all schools offered a September Full time start with parents opting for a part time entry if they wished. Am I going mad or did i read this somewhere would be great if someone could point me in the right direction i checked and looked through all the posts and searched the forum topics. I was just chatting to my head and it sort of came out and now i'm thinking did i make it up.

Thank you

We have had so much drama over admissions this year. When parents have been viewing the school the head was talking to them about how September admissions would be compulsory in Sept 2011, but that this year it was not.

Anyway so the admissions were confirmed and as we'd not made an official decision to change our admissions this year we were still do do two intakes. One parent emailed saying she was under the impression the children were all starting in Sept and it snoballed from there. Parents were then given the choice and all but 2 wanted the child to start in September as it 'solved the problem of childcare'. The other two parents felt pressured into starting their children. It's been a nightmare! At least next year we'll know exactly what we are supposed to do!!!

and all parents have the right to defer their child's place until they feel the child is ready, school have to save the place for them, and the funding will go the setting of their choice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)