Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Age Related Expectations Against Fsp Scores

Well it is that time of year again when the joy of report writing takes place!!

This year I have to make a statement as to whether the child is working towards, within or above age related expectations in each area of learning. I know not an easy task or what EYFS is all about! Anyway I have to assess this against the FSP scores and to be honest not really sure what to put!!

I know that FSP score 6+ in each strand is what we're aiming for with a total of 78+. However not sure how to break up working towards, within and above!

I have thought score of 1-3 is working towards age related as below ELGs and 4-8 as working within age related as ELGs and 9 working above as working beyond ELGs. However won't be many working above with this breakdown! But I'm not too bothered about that!

What do others think? Any help much appreciated!!

Thank you!

I agree. We use the e-profile to generate our reports and then personalise them. They say something like ..... is making progress towards the early learning goals if working in 1-3 and ..... is working within the early learning goals if 4-8 and says has completed all the early learning goals, in addition can do....

K x

Thanks for your replies - they confirm what I was thinking!

I have to put in an explanation sheet for parents to explain FSP scores and age related expectations with the reports. Does anyone have or know where I can find such an explanation sheet? Just thought I'd ask, before I create my own!

Thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)