Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keep

Does anyone have this document? In correspondance from the little books club it states `F.S Practitioners should have seen a set of agreed competencies` from the document Key Elements of Effective Practice. Download from www.standards.dfes.gov.uk or tel 0845 6022260. I can find it on the standards site and just wondered if other early years people have seen it and what it is all about

Check this

http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.js...uk%2Fvisitor%2F

Sorry... It did not come out.

Title Key Elements of Effective Practice (KEEP) For Early Years Practitioners

Date Saturday 19 March 2005

Start Time 11:30

Subject LEADERSHIP, Early Years, School Management/Admin

Key Stage

Seminar Code C13

Speaker Pauline Hoare , National Strategy

Description Identifying key elements of effective practice (KEEP) in early years will support committed, enthusiastic and reflective practitioners in extending the breadth and depth of their knowledge, skills and understanding. Effective practitioners use their own learning in their work with young children and their families in sensitive, positive and non-judgemental ways.

Edited by SmileyPR

post-1999-1110628688_thumb.jpgAha! No I haven't got one but have been waiting for it!! I refererred to it's impending publication in an Ou assignment last October. It was due to be published in Dec 04 but I have been unable to find it anywhere!!

The attached article may be of interest

Our LEA held a Foundation Stage Development Day on Thursday and everyone was given a copy. I couldn't find it on Dfes site!

In very short-hand!!

- relationships with adults + chn.

- understanding individual ways that chn. learn

- knowledge and understanding to support + extend chns. learning

- practice in meeting all chns. needs, learning styles and interests

- work with parents and wider community

- work with other proffessionals within + beyond setting

I've got stuff about it from a primary strategy training, lesley staggs talked about it. Essentially it is a set of guiding principles behind foundation stage which practitioners need to be aware of. (I think) I'll get the stuff from work when I'm next in the office (weds I think) and feed back then.

Cx

Just to let you know I phoned the order line but alas it is not possible to order a copy yet :o

On their screen it says 'awaiting clients instructions' which apparently means it cannot be sent out yet, though some copies may have gone out it is not ready to be sent out on 'a large scale'

I did get a document reference number though which is

1201-2005G :D

i went on a foundation course organised by the LEA The KEEP document was heaily promoted and referred to. It is a slim book that provides exemplars for effective practice.I think it is available from the dfes publications dept.

Thanks for this interesting topic. Isn't it incredible that important stuff like this doesn't filter through to all practitioners around the country? If you guys hadn't started the conversation I would never have heard about it. Just downloaded the document from the site mentioned above. Takes about 4 mins so be patient. I will print it off later as several of the pages appear to be just pictures (heavy on the ink!).

Keep on sharing........... hopefully we can find out about all the important stuff this way!

Thanks, everyone, for pointing this document out to me. I have downloaded it from the DfES website, so I have some bedtime reading over the Easter hols!

Maz