Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E115 Eca

Hi, was just wondering if anyone that has already posted their ECA for E115, or has done it in the past, help me. due to illness and then extra work committments I have only just started to put together section 1. I have done all the evidence gathering and recording forms for each EYCLO so thats all done and in the envelope but not section 1 or 2 and it has to be in for the 28th May!!

I feel the instructions for section 1 are very general as its not split up into sections like the other TMAs. Am I on the right track in thinking that I have to choose my EYCLO and make sure I have covered all the bullet points refered to in the assessemnt guide for section 1?

Any pointers or advise appreciated.

Thanks

Annabell

I think you perhaps need to look into urgent completion of the form asking for an extension, sorry can't remember the code number of this document but it would have been included with the mail you received about ECA submission.

If you have been ill within a 3 week period prior to cut off date you may be able to get an extension.

You will need a sick note or some evidence from your GP.

Last year I had shingles and completed the form.

Even if your request is refused it will 'buy you' extra time.

My application was successful and I think I was given an extra 2 weeks (you can't request a specific amount of time it is set by the OU)

However, when they acknoledge your request (which thy must receive before the cut off date for ECA) it says you should continue working on your ECA whilst they look at your request, if their decision does not reach you before the cut off date you will still be allowed to submit 'late' even if your request is refused

I applied online and scanned my sick note.

Failing that suggestion I will hunt out my ECA and see what I can do to help but there are current OU E115 students who are forum members and may be better placed to help as they have done it recently,

My concern is that you need to check the clear guidance on posting - I think I am right in saying that an ECA with a postmark of one day before cut off will, if it arrives late, be deemed to have not been posted in time and will be returned unmarked. At the very latest if you are going to try and get it done you need to post on wednesday.

I haven't got my eca on this computer ( I did it in the first presentation of the course) but will hunt it out and pop back with some bullet points of what I did for each section

DON't PANIC easier said than done I know but I would seriously consider trying for an extension

Don't forget to double check that all your EYCLOs are dated and signed it is easy to miss one especially if you are in a rush and it is not worth the risk!

Be back with some hopefully more constructive help shortly

Hi Geraldine

Thanks for your reply. I had wondered about asking for an extention as there wouldnt be any problem getting evidence from the drs. But we are due to go on holiday on the 28th May so I really want to get it done and out the way. If I got an extention for a couple of weeks, one of the weeks would be my holiday week and I cant really cancel our family holiday!

I have arranged for today off work to work on the essay and I have the weekend too and if it comes to a push I may be able to arrange to have monday off work too. So unless I get ill in these next few days I really want to get it done!!!! I have managed to do 924 words this morning, not sure if its right though!! Hoping for a productive afternoon too!!

Any pointers would be appreciated

Thanks

Annabell

Hi

I am soo sorry Annabelle for some reason I thought today was monday !!!! and I was thinking you had a mad rush on your hands to even try to get it done! hence my thoughts about an extension.

WIth the holiday planned I totally agree about getting the ECA sent!

Now that my brain is in gear and I realise that you have the weekend and possibly monday it is far better situation!

I have found my ECA and just about to read through it

I don't have the guidance available though but am happy to share what I did. Just making a coffee back in a tic or two

Hi

I haven't got the guidance available but I always used to break it down, hightlight/bold font various points and then ensure I included everything it asked for.

Section 1

Reflective account of chosen EYCLO

I did EYCLO 6. Had a brief introduction stating my chosen EYCLO (number and title) I set out what I am going to discuss which included my application of the 3 layer model and how my resulting evidence relates to the central course them of of 'working with parents and other professionals' I also said that this theme was inextricably linked to the othe main course themes (listed both by name) and that all 3 were in varying degrees related to all 12 EYCLOS. My reflective account explains how underlying concepts influence my knowledge and understanding and my practice and confirmed evidence illustrate my application of values and principles associated with EYCLO 6.

I mentioned the curriculum guidance for foundation stage (did course before EYFS came in!) as legislative documents applicable to my setting

I have referred to my findings throughout the course eg identifying with tacit knowledge (Schon), 5 characteristics identified as essential by Draper and Duffy and how my study brought beliefs and practice into question - some implicit and need to make explicit (referred to layers of the 3 layer model)

I included various investigations undertaken during different parts of the course eg Part 2 stage 3 and refer to reflective practice cycle

Sorry if this is vague or not much help but having read my ECA I guess it's kind of personal in a way and therefore the detail may not be really relevant for you -it will depend upon which EYCLO you have chosen and what your study revealed about your views, beliefs and practice. I think this is perhaps the reason you have found the guidance for this section is 'general' rather than specific details - every student will be in a different position depending upon so many things eg their role, experience, course findings etc

The good news is that section 2 seems rather more straightforward so once section 1 is out of the way the worst is done!

Section 2

I start off by referring to my PDP (included as an appendix) and discussing my goals and how i intend to achieve them.I seem to have a few references to Parts 4 and 5 of the course materials and various refs to eyclos and also to some confirmed evidence in my PEF

Hope this is some sort of help but shout if I can do anything else!

Thanks so much, I'll let you know how I get on!! I have chosen EYCLO 8- provide information to support decision making as I am supervisor of a sessional pre-school so have plenty of decisions to make!!!! Loads of evidence and back up of theories etc. Its just explaining it all thats the hard part!!Good to hear that section 2 is a bit easier.

Thanks again, better get on with it now!

Hi,

Just to let you know, I did section 1 in a day and section 2 in a day so it is doable. For section one I used the bullet points

Introduction - talked about where i work briefly talked about the eyclo I had chosen (6) and mentioned what else I would discuss

Main - talked about what i was doing before the course, how course has influensed me, I broke it down to the 4 elements of the EYCLO and said a bit about each onem making references to course material

Section 2 I just talked about my pdp why it includded what it did and then discussed each item on it

my tutor said they will be checking that you pdp reflects equal opps and anti-discriminatory practice so make sure you include this in section 2

On a seperate issue, my tutor also said she will be checking that the signatures on the original confimer form and final EYCLO's match MINE DON'T, each EYCLO seems different, what do i do about that, it seems rude to go to my confirmer and tell her that her signatures aren't good enough

Thanks rapunzel for the encouragement.

I have now done and printed off section one, so thats a relief, just hope I get a pass!

about to start on section 2, but I havent finalised my pdp so could take more than a day!!

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just a shot in the dark that someone currently studying E115 might be able to help.

Part of the course materials include 'Children are unbeatable' - from memory I think this was provided by a link on the course website.

Just wondering and hoping that someone may have the link - googling hasn't come up with what is required!

Thanks in anticipation

Hi

Just a shot in the dark that someone currently studying E115 might be able to help.

Part of the course materials include 'Children are unbeatable' - from memory I think this was provided by a link on the course website.

Just wondering and hoping that someone may have the link - googling hasn't come up with what is required!

Thanks in anticipation

I have PM'd you

Claire xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)