Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Provision Year 1

hi

Can anyone help? I have been asked to set up a new area for continuous provision opportunities for our Year 1 class.

I would love to see any continuous provision planning for Year i

If anyone can recommend a school I could visit in the Greater Manchester who have already been working like this. I would love to arrange a visit.

I would like to ask what resources they use in these areas. They will nedd to be different to the ones in the EYFS. or at tleast have a different challenge.

What about sand and water?

Any help would be very gratefully recieved!

Many thanks :o

what about a course?

My friend teaches Y1 and have gone towards continuous provision after going on one of these courses. It is do-able from anywhere within GM area.

I too have been asked to do this from Sept-I am currently in Reception and would like to know how to plan/add challenge etc. I work in Durham and as far as I know there are no courses addressing this at the moment! Anyone in a school in this area that I could visit ? Just want to get it right as the last 2 year 1 teachers were told they were too formal -any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I teach 1/2 and I plan an medium term CP plan and then enhance it for weekly planning. We always have either sand or water or other sensory activity but we change them depending on topic, so this week the sand tray has football goals made out straws and a ball in so the children have a mini football pitch.

I am happy to send people sample plans if you pm me (though not till tomorrow as my memory stick is at school!)

If you look in the year 2 area of the forum there is a couple of topics there where bringing continuous provision into year 2 was discussed. There are sure to be a lot of good ideas there that you can use as many of them were year 1 based.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)