Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tlr Point For Fs Leader

Not sure if i am putting this in the correct place socan someone please move it for me if its inthe wrong place!

Can you please tell me if the FS leader at your school has TLR points?

Thanks

Lola

I don't get a TLR for being FS leader, which is really frustrating! Our School Improvement Partner asked why I wasn't on the SLT and it comes down to money. We're a small school with 4 on the SLT (Head, Deputy, KS1 and KS2 leaders) and they really can't justify anymore - then we'd have more on the SLT than not!

The FS leader in the school where my mum teaches is 2 form entry and their FS leader doesn't have a TLR, yet a friend that teaches in Leicester is 2 form entry and she gets a TLR for being FS leader. I think it depends entirely on your school.

Managing a small team is fine, but if I was responsible for a larger team I think the TLR would be a good incentive!

Not sure if i am putting this in the correct place socan someone please move it for me if its inthe wrong place!

Can you please tell me if the FS leader at your school has TLR points?

Thanks

Lola

Yes but it is also for responsibility for overseeing Day Care provision in the CC

I have a TLR for FS leader and also for Art & Design at my school, so am on a TLR2b. However the new leader is being given a TLR2b just for FS! So even in the same school and for doing the same job there are inconsistencies. I am getting a TLR for FS leader when I move to my new school.

Am currently in a 2-form entry with nursery class as well. Moving to a 1 and a half form entry with Nursery.

I have a TLR for FS leader and also for Art & Design at my school, so am on a TLR2b.

I do the same two jobs! And I'm EVC and an NQT mentor!!!! is this recognised in my pay... nope! Saying that though I do love my job and it's really not about the pay, of course it would help with the mortgage...

I do the same two jobs! And I'm EVC and an NQT mentor!!!! is this recognised in my pay... nope! Saying that though I do love my job and it's really not about the pay, of course it would help with the mortgage...

You are so right about the pay thing. I'm starting a new job in September and don't care about the possible pay cut. Haven't even asked about it, as just glad to be going there!

Im on a TLR2a - which covers the role of phase leader - Reception and year 1 but this then also includes maths for the whole school.

Our SIP asked me yesterday if I was on the SLT - no I'm on the SIT - school improvement team - middle management in our place - The SLT is made up of staff with KS2 experience only - :o She also asked if EYFS was valued in our school -!!!!! xD

Edited by suebee

HI

I am FS leader in my school and no I don't get any TLR pay. All members of SMT are made up of KS2 teachers - with no KS 1 or FS experience!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)