Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Application Help Needed!

I am a qualified teacher, but have been working in Early Years (preschool) for the last 2yrs.....I am now desperate to teach in a school setting and am currently applying for a year 1 position. I am really struggling to put down in words exactly WHY! I am trying desperately to think of reason why such a transition could be favourable to the school.....I need to set myself apart from those who have been in reception/year 1 for some time compared to me.

Anybody got any views on this to get me going? :o

I think you could say something like "I feel more extensive knowledge and experience would be of great benefit in KS1, especially with the changes in the curriculum and the assessment of children through observations. I also feel it is is very important the the learning journey from EYFS to KS1 is continued to give children a smoother transistion and it may be of benefit to children who have not yet achieved their targets in EYFS"

Hope this helps

The head at my school feels quite strongly that EY trained teachers are of a great benefit in a KS1 class as they have the knowledge of attachement theories and child development etc which your average teacher may not have, so I think mentioning how you can apply the skills gained in your EY setting to a school setting would be good.

Edited by Jester

I think you could say something like "I feel more extensive knowledge and experience would be of great benefit in KS1, especially with the cahnges in the curriculum and the assessment of children through observations. I also feel it is is very important the the learning journey from EYFS to KS1 is continued to give children a smoother transistion and it may be of benefit to children who have not yest achieved their targets in EYFS"

Hope this helps

sorry about the spelling mistakes

I knew someone would come along and give my brain a kick start!

Thankyou Thankyou! Would it sound ok to put something like I want the challenge of teaching the next 'stage' knowing where the children have come from'....i have it in my head, but i find it difficult to concisely write it without babbling! :o

I knew someone would come along and give my brain a kick start!

Thankyou Thankyou! Would it sound ok to put something like I want the challenge of teaching the next 'stage' knowing where the children have come from'....i have it in my head, but i find it difficult to concisely write it without babbling! :(

No worries, :o yes I think that would sound fine. Write down everything that comes to mind then ask someone you work with to have a good look through it all. If you want me to have a look just pm me, I'm not qualified as a teacher but teach as an instructor in KS1 and have done EYFS beforehand so I know where you are coming from xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)