Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Needed Asap! (jobs)

Hello everyone,

I had an interview today, and although the school was lovely, it just didnt 'feel' right for me. If they offer me the job. What do i do? Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? Please help! :o

I think it depends on how desperate for a job you are!!!

I think we should be guided by our instinct about things where possibe...... and if it doesn't feel like the place for you............ it probably isn't!

Then again time might change your mind.

Yep I think it depends if you really need the job.

Sorry not terribly helpful there :o

I have been in a similar situation in the past. I applied for a job, got an interview, went to the interview and like you it just didn't feel right...I was offered the job and declined. It wasn't the setting, or anything that happened during interview, just me! I then did the same thing again with a different setting, got the job, accepted the job and worked there for six months before leaving and returning to my old job where I am working now. I have always followed my heart and up to now I haven't had any regret about decisions I have made.

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do...the hardest part will be finding the words to say to decline the job.

:o

Guest LornaW

Ditto Scarlettangel!

If they are looking for someone to make changes then by all means you can go and make it what you feel will be right but if not and you will have to continue to work in a place where you don't feel right you will not get great job satisfaction and you will eventually recent having made the move

BUT

if you really need the job it is a different kettle of fish!

Lorna

Thanks for your posts. Sienna what did you say? I know its a different situation, but I am really panicking.

I have a job that I can stay in, however my boyfriends job has changed which means he is going to be working away a LOT! So was planning to move to be closer to my family. I have 2 other interviews, and another possible 1 in the pipeline next week.

Sienna what did you say?

Well, I spent an hour trying to come up with excuses and I couldn't find any. When I received the call offering me the job I pretended to be enthusiastic and then asked about what I would be paid. The person that rang went to speak to the headteacher to get that information, when she returned to the phone she gave me a estimated figure. I said, oh dear that's a lot less than what I'm on now and I forgot to ask you during my interview. I then went on about childcare costs and how I wouldn't be able to afford to take the new job and then reclined the job offer. My response was met with silence, it was a very awkward moment for me. I apologised and then that was that! It is a fantastic setting though, I now have a friend that works there and she loves her job. It just didn't feel right for me.

Hi Gemma

It sounds like you really dont feel this job is the right one for you. I would be honest if you are offered the job and say it isn't quite what you were looking for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)