Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminders Perception On The Eyfs

Guest deborahnixon

Guest deborahnixon

I am thinking about doing something on childminders and their perception on the EYFS for my BA research study. e.g. as it effected their work load e.g. paper work, expectation of training, support from their local authority, ect.

I need to compile a questionairre/interview questions are would appreciate any suggestions.

If fact any suggestions would be appreciated, i have the idea but unsure where to go with this.

Hope someone can help

Hi Deborah

I seem to recall that someone else has done this! Have you done a search to see what comes up?

If nothing does, I have a questionnaire somewhere - I was a case study for a BA student from Worcester about 18 months ago.

Just let me get tomorrows exams out of the way and I''ll have a hunt for it and see if I can upload it!

Nona

Guest deborahnixon
Hi Deborah

I seem to recall that someone else has done this! Have you done a search to see what comes up?

If nothing does, I have a questionnaire somewhere - I was a case study for a BA student from Worcester about 18 months ago.

Just let me get tomorrows exams out of the way and I''ll have a hunt for it and see if I can upload it!

Nona

HI Nona

That would be brilliant,

Hope the exams went well.

Debbie

Guest jane707

I am a childminder and happy if you want to ask me questions.

Send me a message and I will give you my email :o

hiya how it has affected or is effective ? Um - off the top of my head - interesting re understanding and observing kids but very time comsuming when trying to (as I am ) cut out the rubbish and appease the powers but still enjoy my job ?! Im sort of getting there but it HAS TAKEN A LOT Of PERSONAL TIME - some will say I can claim it back as part of my expenses but that is something else I need to "find out" about too ... Quick overview unecessarily complicated and I will let you know what they could have asked us to do and let them chew and discuss over the evidence when I crack it !! Speak soon !:)

Feel free to question me further - I have found this forum to be ultimately the best at providing everything ! PS Thanks to you all !

I love the EYFS concept for children. Its about time we got away from what the adults wanted children to do, the constant templates used for writing names and activities rather than providing resources for children to explore and not always come up with an end product that has been totally undertaken with a key worker. I cant tell you how frustrated as a parent i was at receiving perfectly turned out faces, easter cards, activities that i knew my 2 year old could not achieve to adult standard. As a childminder it has taken much time, effort to talk with parents coming through the door that we do the same as pre-schools with the children in relation to EYFS, I think better, only in so much that the keyworker remains as it being just US - and not ever changing staff. We are able to also prove that we meet much of the early learning goals particularly KUS, taking the children out into the wider world.

The EYFS although has some areas I do not agree with, for example some of the presciptive goals such as children being able to write to a particular standard, effecting boys who predominantly cant write to required standard as they do not get nerve endings in their fingers until aged 7 which the Rose Report had not taken into consideration. But I do ensure that boys and girls receive many opportunities to mark make in many different capacities, spaghetti on paper, water on patio with paint brushes also used on brickwork, walls etc.,

As for observation and assessment - I love it, we did it anyway and it always has been their but we have not been asked to document it. Taking photographs and linking in areas of learning to show what they have achieved - and then to be able to plan for next steps within the setting. It has also meant that I now can push parents into open dialogue about the childrens interest at home - and again particularly with new ones these are used within the setting to make a link for that child.

My only bug is with other settings - if the care is shared, within the EYFS it states that we should be working in partnership with others who also look after the child. I have some who go to nursery 2 days a week and the rest with me. I tell them what I have been doing and provide them with my planning, the childs interest within my setting - which provides them with good evidence for Ofsted that they are seemingly working with other settings, yet I often receive nothing in return.

Overall the principles of the EYFS are fantastic and children are coming on in leaps and bounds.

effecting boys who predominantly cant write to required standard as they do not get nerve endings in their fingers until aged 7 which the Rose Report had not taken into consideration.

Hi

I am not doubting what you say but this is something I have not heard of.

I have done a quick google and not come up with much.

Any ideas where I can find research/more information on this ? :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)