Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With Interview Next Fri!

Hello everyone. I have just joined your site as a member and desperately need some ideas for my interview. I think I have my lesson under control but need suggestions for the presentation. The question I will be answering is 'What is my vision for creating and managing a foundation stage unit for 4 and 5 year old :o s. Its only 5 minutes so needs to be punchy. xD

Hi Tamsin -

Let me add my welcome to the others! :D

Sue's right - the Foundation Stage Unit article which you can find here contains a lot of good material which you could use to come up with a 'vision'.

Also, in case you haven't found it, we have a recent article on interviews, which you might find useful. You can find it here.

Hope they help. Let us know if you need any specific questions answering, and let us know how you get on as well! Tell them you're a member of the FSF, so obviously you'll have access to a wealth of good ideas! :D

Hi Tamsin & welcome! :D

Good luck for Friday. How are you doing your presentation? Powerpoint?

Five minutes isnt very long as youve identified so I guess you need to really prioritise your expectations for children and for the staff in your team?

Hi Tamsin, and welcome :D

I think the best advice is to have four or five main points that you have decided are the crucial things in setting up a successful FS unit. I'd include building an effective team with united goals as the very first one! Then emphasising the importance of a child-centred approach using observations as a fundamental part of the whole assessment and recording and planning process. Thirdly I'd include a bit about the physical environment, easy access to resources and child-led activities for at least 50% of the time, sensitive staff who scaffold children's learning at every opportunity.

Hope this helps and good luck for Friday! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)